Programs & Services
Our long term care homes provide a range of health care, recreational, support and professional services.
Health care services
- Nursing and clinical care with complete on-site professional nursing care is available 24/7. We care for and treat a variety of conditions, including the many stages of dementia and chronic illnesses.
- We provide comprehensive prescription management and medication administration.
- We develop detailed and documented care plans for each resident and take a team approach to help ensure their daily needs are met.
- Each resident benefits from having a consistent personal care team who is responsible for helping with daily living essentials such as hygiene, dressing, toileting, eating, mobility and bedtime routines.
- All staff members are fully qualified according to provincial requirements, and undergo comprehensive training to ensure they know all policies, standards and best practices of Extendicare.
- Residents are also able to keep their current physician or have the option of being put on the roster of one of the medical doctors who serve our residents.
- We have an in-house registered dietitian who provides dietary requirement assessments for each resident as part of our integrated health care team.
- Individualized nutritional care plans are developed in consultation with family members, residents and other health care team members.
- Specialized diets are developed and closely monitored for residents with unique dietary needs as a result of diabetes, heart disease or other specific conditions.
- All meals and snacks served in our home are prepared on-site from scratch to ensure maximum freshness, taste and nutritional value.
- Our menus offer choice at every meal and are changed regularly to offer a wide variety of delicious, nutritious meals. As well, residents are able to provide their feedback and we will make changes based on their suggestions and preferences.
Our Extendicare Homes offer a wide range of physiotherapy, cognitive, speech and occupational therapies according to the needs of our residents.
Helping our residents live better means engaging and involving them in everything we do. Our Homes provide social and recreational services seven-days-a-week - including holidays. Our programs are designed to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual needs of our residents. All activities are developed, organized and led by qualified staff and we offer both group and individualized services to meet theunique needs and circumstances of each resident.
To meet the spiritual needs of our residents, worship services are available for a variety of religious denominations. Inter-denominational spiritual programs provided within our home include hymn sings, bible study, prayer meetings and memorial services.
Support services are vitally important to achieving our goal of creating an environment of exceptional care. Our services include:
- Daily housekeeping and laundry services to ensure our residents enjoy a clean and healthy environment every day.
- Professional, full-time maintenance staff who keep our home operating at peak efficiency 24/7 so our residents are safe, comfortable and secure.
- Volunteers from our community who give their time and energy to assist with the full slate of social and recreational services, group outings, special events and one-on-one interaction.
Professional services are available to residents at additional cost. Following are ust some of the services that may be offered. The professional services offered at each home is listed on their website.
- Foot Care
- Respiratory Care