At Extendicare, we believe in giving back and creating meaningful, positive change in the communities we serve. Our contributions, leadership and volunteer efforts help create stronger, healthier places to live and work.
Each year, our employees dedicate countless hours to raise money and provide support for a variety of charitable organizations. Through walks, runs, bake sales, special events and much more, they demonstrate their commitment to helping people live better.
As an organization we are also committed to supporting our communities through donations, sponsorships, dedicated bursaries and scholarships, research partnerships and more. We donate to a wide variety of organizations including those focused on health and human services, education, research, disease prevention and treatment, as well as programs for seniors and children.
In 2014/15, the Extendicare team contributed $838,800 to support our communities.
|United Way - Total Pledge (employer and employee)||$34,300|
|Health and Disease Related||$15,000|
|Extendicare Assist Partner Gala for Seniors||$650,000|
|Alzheimer Society of Canada Culture Change Initiative||$105,000|
Below is a list of some of the organizations we support
- ALS Society of Canada
- Alzheimer Society of Canada
- Alzheimer Society of Hamilton & Halton
- Alzheimer Society of York Region
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Canada
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Canadian Foundation for Physically Disabled Persons
- Canadian Healthcare Association Learning Award
- Canadian Nurses Foundation
- Centre for Independent Living
- Coast to Coast Against Cancer Foundation Tour for Kids
- George Brown College Foundation
- Heart & Stroke Foundation
- Humber College Scholarship Fund
- Kerry's Place Autism Services
- MS Society of Canada
- National Initiative for the Care of the Elderly
- Parkinson Society of Canada
- Ride to Conquer Cancer
- Ryerson University Extendicare Canada Scholarship
- St. Lawrence College Extendicare Nursing Awards
- United Way of York Region
- United Way of the Alberta Capital Region
Thank you for your continued support. Know that you are making students’ dreams a reality.Cindy Gouveia, President, George Brown College Foundation